Pano Zero Client
The heart of the Pano System is the Pano Zero Client, a whole new class of desktop computing hardware. Pano endpoints are referred to as "zero clients" because, unlike traditional thin clients, they have no CPU, no memory, no operating system, no drivers, no software and no moving parts.
They simply serve to connect peripheral input-output devices - a keyboard, mouse, VGA display, and audio output - along with other USB peripherals to a virtualized Microsoft Windows desktop virtual machine running on a hypervisor server in your data center.And for more on how a true zero client works, please download the Zero Client Reference Architecture.
- Efficient: a Pano Zero Client using only 6.5 watts maximum and less than .2 watts when in sleep mode. Pano Zero Clients not only help you cut the costs of hardware and IT support - they also conserve electricity, using as little as 5% of the energy consumed by even an EnergyStar certified desktop PC.
- Secure: Pano Zero Clients are also stateless - in other words, they do not store anything at all about the user, the desktop virtual machine, or any data used by it. This provides both enhanced security, since they never contain data that might be lost or stolen, and productivity benefits, since no configuration is ever required.
- Productive: Pano Zero Clients save you time by never needing to boot up. You can immediately resume work with the same set of open applications and files - for example when moving from your office to a conference room to make a presentation or when finishing up work at home in the evening using Pano Remote.
- Finishes: available in both matte black and original chrome finishes
- Warranty: Three-year limited warranty
- I/O Ports: Four USB 2.0 ports
- Video Display Output: Primary DVI or VGA monitor, secondary DVI monitor with optional Dual Monitor cable
- Networking: 10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet twisted pair (RJ-45)
- Analog Audio: Internal speaker and 3.5mm iPhone compatible TRRS jack
- Regulatory Compliance: RF Interference: FCC Class A, CE, RoHS Compliant
- Power Adapter: Worldwide auto-sensing 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Power Requirements: With USB keyboard, mouse, and dual monitors attached is 6.5 watts, sleep state is <0.2 watts
- Temperature Range: 50º to 104º F (10º to 40º C)
- Humidity: 20% to 80% non-condensing
- Dimensions: H: 2.00" / 51.0mm,W: 3.50" / 88.8mm, D: 3.50" / 88.8mm
- Weight: 1.1 lbs. / 500 grams
- Lock Slot: compatible with some Kensington Security Slot lock kits (see online help for details)
Connecting using the purpose-built Pano Direct Protocol over standard UDP protocols on your Ethernet LAN, Pano Zero Clients also leverage your DHCP and Directory Services servers, making it easy to integrate them into your existing LAN and security management infrastructure.
The clean and functional design of the Pano was created by Whipsaw (www.whipsaw.com), one of the world's leading industrial design firms, helping it fit into modern office and public environments unlike bulky PCs.